In an effort to provide the best and latest technology to our patients, we are pleased to introduce the Optomap Retinal Exam. This revolutionary new scan allows the doctor to view more of the retina at once than ever before (usually without dilating drops), making it even easier to assess the health of your eyes.
The Optomap Retinal Exam:
- is patient-friendly and educational and can help detect early signs of eye and general health conditions
- is an eye wellness scan providing an in-depth view of the retinal layers (where diseases can start)
- is quick and painless and in most cases does not require dilation
- allows the patient to view their retina image with the doctor during the eye exam
- allows the eye doctor to have a much larger view of the retina (200 degrees) than conventional eye exam equipment
- provides a permanent digital record of your retina as part of your medical file for comparison from year to year
The optomap® Retinal Exam is fast, easy, and comfortable for all ages. To have the exam, you simply look into the device one eye at a time and you will see a comfortable flash of light to let you know the image of your retina has been taken. The optomap® image is shown immediately on a computer screen so we can review it with you.
Please schedule your optomap® Retinal Exam today!
Read more about Dry Eye Treatment, which results from the chronic lack of lubrication and moisture on the surface of the eye.